Connecticut Master Closets offers many different options to meet your organization needs. Whether your looking to create a master bedroom closet, small guest or kids closet, an exterior space that can be utilized for additional storage or kitchen storage bliss, we have you covered.
We offer three construction methods to meet our customers closet organizer and other custom organization system needs. Whether it is suspended, floor based, or mixed, we have the solution.
Rail Suspended Systems
Based on a metal wall rail that is secured to the studs and covered with a white plastic (printable) cover. All of the structural closet components hang off of the rail. The weight of the system is carried by the studs and is very strong.
Advantages of suspended systems:
- No need to remove exiting base or crown mouldings from the wall
- Does not extend to the floor, so carpeting can easily run underneath the system and changing the flooring is uncomplicated
- Custom cutouts around heating vents and electrical outlets are usually not necessary
- Allows for continuous, unobstructed storage beneath the system.
Floor Based System
Floor based systems are designed to be supported by the floor and can include a cabinet base box that raises the closet a few inches off the floor. Typically, the bottom of the base box near the wall is cut away and fitted around base board mouldings in order to get a snug fit to the wall. Alternately, mouldings like base boards can be removed prior to installation. Since floor-based systems sit on the floor, it can be difficult to change the carpeting unless it is removed Advantages of Floor Based Systems:
- Additional base and crown mouldings can be added for a more polished "furniture" look
- The best type of closet system available for buildings where walls are constructed with plaster and lath rather than drywall
Many custom organization systems use a combination of suspended and floor-based pieces to create the greatest functionality along with the most beautiful appearance. Having both types of systems available allows for the creation of optimal design solutions based on the individual needs of each customer.